Food on board is prepared every day from fresh ingredients, using locally sourced food and speciality produce whenever possible. Vegetarians and special diets can be catered for. We serve morning coffee and afternoon tea. There is always a "help yourself" fruit bowl available in the main saloon.
You can fish from the boat and your catch can be served for dinner. All our guests say that they have never tasted anything more delicious than their freshly caught and cooked mackerel!
Here is a taste of the type of meals that the chef produces each day from the galley:
Choose from a selection of cereals and muesli or porridge, fresh fruit, yoghurt, warm bread with honey, marmalade and preserve, free-range eggs or another hot option. Of course plenty of tea and/or coffee!
Each day some of the following will be served: a selection of cheeses, smoked salmon, cured meats, eggs, salads, home-made soup, quiche, with freshly baked bread rolls.
Each evening, following the aperitif, we serve a different main course, a selection of cheeses and a dessert. Here are some examples of the main courses and desserts:
- Catch of the day (for instance mackerel en papillotes) served with new potatoes and vegetables or salads.
Apple crumble and custard.
- Lamb (or bean ragout) stuffed peppers, courgettes and aubergines served with rice.
- Prawn or lamb couscous served with harissa.
- Gratin Dauphinois with a selection of salads or vegetables.
Fresh Scottish summer fruits and cream or natural yogurt.
- Pork tenderloin and porcini mushroom cream sauce served with basmati rice and vegetable. Crème caramel.
Other Popular Main Courses
- Shepherd's pie and salad or vegetables.
- Roast free-range chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
- Roast leg of Scottish lamb with garlic and garden-grown Rosemary, new potatoes, root vegetables and flageolet beans.
- Kedgeree, served with tomato and onion salad, mango chutney and lime pickle.
- Ham cooked in a potato and leek soup, new potatoes, cauliflower, beetroot and carrot salads.
- Green lentil curry served with eggs, basmati rice, mango chutney and lime pickle.
- Haggies, neeps and tatties.
- Boeuf à la mode served with green vegetables.
- Jambon au madère served with wild rice and vegetable.
There is a very good chance of catching mackerel, which we cook with ginger and spring onions or bake in the oven. There is also the possibility of lobster, crab and prawns from our own creels.
Complimentary beer and wine is served with the aperitif and evening meal; otherwise, feel free to bring your own alcohol.
Onboard Seahore II, while enjoying a relaxing evening with tea or coffee, you will also be able to use our little bar which has a choice of whiskies, calvados, gin, port and cognac.
Between meals there is a plentiful supply of tea, coffee, fresh fruits, and a choice of chocolate, biscuits and cakes. Afternoon tea often consists of warm scones served with clotted cream and preserves or a homemade cake.